Sunday, June 19, 2011

Random Owen Shots and a Kangaroo


How's that for a title to a post? I couldn't think of anything else and those 2 things are what this post is about, so I thought why not???

Owen loves to climb. He climbs up things that he really shouldn't all the time. Sometimes I am fast enough to grab him, other times I am not. He has never fallen (yet) and I hate to speak this but I am sure it will happen sooner or later. He didn't climb to the top of the closet but Steven thought it would be funny to put him up there and call me to tell me to come find Owen. Once I got in the closet Steven made me think that Owen did this all himself. It freaked me out for about 2 seconds till I realized that even though my O Man loves to climb, there was no way he did this himself. Steven was beaming because he "got me" and Owen was beaming because he was thrilled to be up somewhere so high without us wigging out on him:)

Spaghetti (and most foods in general) is another thing Owen completely enjoys. I know most families out there have pictures of kids with spaghetti or some other type of food all over their faces. I actually did not have one of Owen yet and he is almost 2. Yesterday we were eating his favorite pasta. I had to snap a shot of the mess I have to clean up after every single meal every day of his life.

And now for the second part of this blog. Today was Father's Day. I have the best Daddy out there. He is always and has always been there for me. Our pastor taught us this weekend that a true Father does 4 things for his children. He affirms them, corrects them, protects them, and provides for them. My dad has always done these things and MORE for me and my sister. I must have the best dad ever:) Another awesome Daddy I know is Steven! What better way to spend Father's Day than walking around the Safari Sanctuary in 100 degree heat, with 2 hot sweaty and hungry kids, with the smell of smoking poop filling the air (literally all around you)! What Daddy doesn't want to pet/feed a kangaroo on his special day??? Here are a few shots of the kids with Steven. Check out how close you could actually get to the lions, tigers, and bears (Oh my!) I couldn't believe how you were just about 3 feet from them. Crazy! Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's out there! We couldn't do it without you. Well, I guess we could...but who would want to????
What kangaroo doesn't enjoy some fruit snacks every now and then? Apparently this one. He also didn't like the Cheetos someone tried to feed him that were laying in front of his face. Geez...talk about picky!

No comments:

Post a Comment