Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Yakisoba

 The literal meaning of Yakisoba is "fried buckwheat" but more on that later:)

This last week my cousin Kasey came to visit our family.  I am so thankful and blessed each and every time she comes all the way from Almost Mexico to be with us.  She helps out with the boys, she plays, she talks, she does chores...she pretty much just does whatever I ask of her.  She is a huge help when she visits and it doesn't hurt that the boys absolutely ADORE her and never want her to leave.

On this visit she had a few places that were a "must" to do.  One of them was Braum's (sound familiar Andrea)?  I think I drove her and the kids there 3-4 times during the week.  Thankfully, Braum's doesn't tempt me so I had no issues with doing this.  Another visit was to Bueno and yet another trip was Dink's.  Dink's is a well known BBQ joint in the city of Bartlesville (about an hour north of Tulsa).  We made the drive, invited all the family (my grandpa lives there) and headed up for a night of messy sauce, crispy onion straws, fried okra, and ribs.  I may have just begun drooling again as I typed that...

So, back to the Yakisoba.  Yakisoba in Japanese cultural is called "fried buckwheat".  Here in the good ole' US of A, it's called noodles.  On this visit, Kasey came with her Costco card.  We just had a new Costco open up in Tulsa but I haven't been able to go since I don't have a membership.  Problem solved!  We loaded up and braved one of the most traffic filled streets in T town and headed to Costco.  I really don't have anything bad to say about it, I just didn't see many differences from Sam's (where I am already a member).  Owen...Owen LOVED Costco and literally ate every single sample (some 2 times) and climbed into freezer cases to buy the products.  Yakisoba is one he grabbed.  This massive box only lasted 2 1/2 days in this house.  I can't keep these boys fed!

Problem...I still don't have a Costco card to replace said noodles.  Problem solved...Sam's sells them.  Bazinga! 

Love you Kasey and thanks for the visit:) 




No comments:

Post a Comment