Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Summer Madness

 Summer time has officially begun around here (3 weeks ago actually) and I am in full single mom mode.  Some days are doable, some are tough, and some I just want to throw in the towel and go to bed at 6 (that was yesterday).  Steven works ungodly hours this time of year and most days we don't see him at all unless you count  15 min here and there.  Throw in the fact that we are building 2 houses at the exact same time and that my phone never stops ringing and dinging for work and you can see why I need a breather now and then.  

We started off the summer with new do's.  Summer hair do's are a must for me and the boys.  They like their hair short because it requires less time to fix (they are boys ya know).  We go to the pool a lot in the summer, even if it's just for an hour, and they love that their hair is now cut where the style takes just a few seconds to get ready:)

Another stop on our summer bucket list pretty much every year, is the berry farm.  I love doing this!  Note...if you are making plans to go to the berry farm, I HIGHLY recommend getting there as early as possible (they open at 7am).  Just trust me...if you are there at 9 or later, you will DIE from heat.  We arrived at 9:30 and I had sweat running into places that sweat should never be.  But, our loot was so good and delicious it was worth every ounce of sweat.  Blackberry cobblers and blueberry pancakes have both been consumed from this one trip and I STILL have a gallon sized bag of blackberries in the freezer.

To follow up berry picking, we have made several trips to local snow cone places to get filled up on more berry flavors.  Our favorite choices so far this summer: silver fox, red velvet cake, cotton candy, spongebob (lime and banana), and peach cobbler.  Of course, Rainbow, is always a staple with kids and I just don't get it.  In a matter of minutes it melts to look like a black snow cone and I just think it tastes terrible.  They don't seem to have a problem with it.  HAPPY SUMMER!






No comments:

Post a Comment