Saturday, January 9, 2016

Since 1924

 You know I like old things. I love the history behind old and aging things and places. 92 years is old in my book.  That's how long Cain's Ballroom has been a staple to downtown Tulsa, and I had NEVER been there.  Until last night:)  

Last night we braved the cold, wind, rain, and 12 snowflakes to visit the Cain's.  We saw a couple new up and comer country female singers who have the potential to become big.  We can look at each other and say, "Remember when we saw her at the Cain's and no one knew who she was?"  That's kind of cool.  Steven had the opportunity to see a little no name band like that when he was living down in Biloxi, MS.  That band is now known by most everyone in the United States as Three Doors Down.

Cain's is a pretty unique building from the solid wood rafters, to the lobby upstairs, and the ballroom floor. One thing I did not realize (I should have done some research before) is that because it is a ballroom (duh) there are no seats.  No chairs.  No where for you to just rest for a bit.  We arrived at 7.  We didn't leave till 11.  I wore wedge booties for cuteness not for comfort.  Do the math.  That was the ONLY thing about this visit to the Cain's that I did not enjoy.  Next time, I will throw on my comfy shoes and know that I will be standing for a good 3-5 hours.  

We went on our date just as a couple but because we have a lot of friends we ended the night seeing about 4 couples that we knew.  We ended up having a double date with my hairdresser Marla and her hubby Josh.  That worked out awesome!  

If you've never been to the Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa, I would recommend stopping by for something.  It's really an amazing place and makes for a good and different date night.  Something that's been around for over 90 years has got to be good, right?  Get it on your calendars!  It's worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment