Monday, January 11, 2016

My Take on the Globes

 I enjoy watching awards shows.  I really like it, although most times, I've never seen the movies or TV shows these actors are up for nomination for.  I still like watching them to see who wins, who doesn't, what I should make plans to see, and what I should skip.  

So, without further ado, I will give you my recap on the Golden Globes this year.  Read this, and you won't even have to watch the show:)

1.  Katy Perry doesn't need a Golden Globe.  She already has two.

2.  I thought Jonah Hill was slim and fit now?  Something happened since the last time he was on an awards show.

3.  Brad Pitt is back to gorgeous again.  He circles around it all the time but with the scruff, long hair, weird clothing choices, and stranger hair styles he's been really making me sad over the last few years.  Last night, he proved he's still quite pretty when he wants to be.  He shaved, cut his hair normal again, and showed us all his adorable smile again.  Thank you Brad. 

4. Lady Gaga should stick to singing.  Granted...I have never once seen American Horror Story, and I have no desire to, BUT she just seems like music is more her thing.  I'm almost waiting for her to "come out" as a man.  She's a good singer, but also sort of looks like a man who's trying to be a woman.  Just sayin'

5.  Thank you, Kate Hudson, for showing us women that it doesn't matter how many children you have birthed (she's had 2), you can and should still be able to have abs like yours.  Oh, that's right...we aren't all millionaires who have personal chefs, personal trainers, and surgeons at the push of a button.  I'm not jealous though.  If I had abs like that, I would show them off too.

6.  Why does Mel Gibson remind me of an Oompah Loompa?  Why is he orange?  It's not the picture either, he really did look like a pumpkin for some strange reason.  He also looked pissed and like he was about to throw a punch in Ricky's face.  It made for good entertainment.

In closing, the GG's this year made me want a few things: 

1.  I need to see "The Revenant"
2.  I also want to see "The Martian"
3.  I love Jennifer Lawrence's style.  I wish I had it.
4. I wish I could give Amy Schumer more confidence. I'm not a therapist but I bet she makes so many jokes because she's actually pretty insecure about herself.
5. Leo and Kate need to do another movie together.  They just fit.  Long live Jack and Rose.







No comments:

Post a Comment