Wednesday, September 2, 2015

We Survived!!!

We have survived school starting!  It has almost been 3 weeks now.  We are back into the routine of homework, backpacks, projects, early bedtimes, and early mornings. I can't be honest and say I totally love it again but I do realize we can't live in a constant state of "summer" so I knew the good was bound to come to an end! You know something else that I am totally glad came to an end?  My migraine!

 bergeez....those are so painful!  I have only gotten 2 my whole life but they have both been within the last 9 months.  It makes me so heartbroken for people that suffer with these types of debilitating headaches on a regular basis.  I can not function, drive, or take care of myself (let alone my children).  I can not drive, barely walk, no eating, I lose peripheral vision, my fingers go numb, and I feel as if my brain matter is oozing out of my ears.  Sooooo.....all that to say it is SUPER awesome when I get one of these and my husband is out of town.  Major bummer!  I know no one knew I would get one but my that made it harder.  Thankfully, I have some good friends that helped out with picking my kids up from school.  Other than that, my children were pretty much on their own for 30 hours.  I got them out the door for school and then I crawled back to my bed.  I had someone bring them home from school, I showed them food in the fridge and pantry, told them to do homework and shower and I watched from the couch.  I am thankful they are older now to take care of themselves if and when one of their parents is gone and the other is completely out of commission.  

In order to say "thank you" to my children for keeping themselves alive this past weekend I took them for a round of Mini Golf once I felt good enough to stand and open my eyes.  They were such sweet boys to me all weekend and tried to be really good and take care of me.  Love those hearts! Don't they look so handsome for their school picture day?  They hate pictures so hopefully I can get some sort of smile out of them on this day!








No comments:

Post a Comment