Monday, September 7, 2015

BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!!

 This weekend we traveled to Norman to attend the season opener of the OU game.  Will normally goes with us to several games a season.  Owen has yet to attend with us (since he was in my belly).  He is just now at the point where we felt he could handle a 3-4 hour football experience. Saturday's game was actually closer to 7 hours since we got there extra early to walk around, buy and sell tickets, and mingle with friends before the game even begun.  Did I mention it was close to 100 degrees?  Oh, I must be trying to block that part out. Usually the first few games of the season can be pretty smoking hot.  Saturday was no exception.  

We had quite the crowd of people that came to this game. No, we weren't able to sit with anyone other than us 4 together (and that was difficult in itself).  We had our neighbors and friends, Olen and Tanya (along with their 3 kids), Steven's parents, brother and nephew, brother in law and nephew, my parents, our friend Chris, and my aunt and uncle with my two cousins there too.  See why we couldn't all stay together or even sit together?  That was a huge crowd for an opening game.  

After much buying and selling and people giving Steven free tickets (that happens almost every time) we were able to enter the game with 4 seats together ON THE SHADE SIDE for $45 total. Not too shabby!  I was happy that OU was able to wake up the 2nd half and give Owen a fun game for his first college football experience.  Will and OU games go together like peanut butter and jelly so it was funny to see him attempting to teach him the cheers, the moves, and what chants and claps you do when and where:)  

Iwelcome college football with open arms.  Now that school is in session and I can't really do anything summer related I will gladly trade in the 102 September heat indexes for Fall temperatures and pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks. College football is my favorite sport (by a landslide).  I guess God knew what he was doing when He made me a boy mom.  I'm fine with that:)  

BOOMER!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment