Tuesday, February 17, 2015

He's NOT Like His Mother

Let me be real with you for a moment.  When I walk into a Target store and see the red and white Target symbol, smell the fresh Starbucks brewing, gaze upon the deliciously adorable clothing section, and browse all the great books and music...I lose my mind a bit.  As in, I'm only here for Tic Tac's, and come out with $100 worth of MUST HAVE'S for the Kueny house.  

Apparently, Will Parker is not like that at Target (or most anywhere else for that matter).  This boy is thrifty.  Does not like to spend money.  Wants to save save save.  I wish I had a little more of his mentality sometimes.  He's been saving for awhile now and had about $50.  Since it was just me and him this weekend I took him to Target to browse and shop.  We walked each aisle (sometimes twice), he "thought about" several purchases.  He left with a $3 ball.  That's it.  Nothing more, nothing less.  A $3 ball mind you that we already do have of about 1,000 in our home.  Oh well, he's a cute shopper and he's taught me a few things today about saving so I guess I will let him slide with only the $3 purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment