Thursday, May 24, 2012

Will's A Graduate

He did it ladies and gentlemen.  He graduated Pre-K!  Since Broken Arrow Public Schools do not do a Kindergarten graduation this was it for me.  It might seem silly to have a graduation for preschool but not to me.  This was a big step and a huge accomplishment for Will and I couldn't be more proud!

His teacher, Mrs. Snow, was and is one of the most amazing teachers I have ever been around.  Being a former teacher, this is saying a lot.  I wanted Will's first experience in school to be out of this world.  Something that he wanted to get up and do every morning.  Something that he didn't fear.  Something that pushed him outside his comfort zone a little but yet didn't bring sadness to him.  Something where he could go and learn and form relationships with those around him.  Mrs. Snow's class provided all the above things and more.  Thank you so much for the difference you made in little Will's life this year!

Thankfully, he also got to go to school with his best buddy Mason.  Mason and Will are two peas in a pod and have so much fun together.  Mason was in tears on the last day of school and his Mom said to him, "but Mason, now we can go to the pool all the time." He said something to the effect of, "but Mom, I love school just as much as the pool!"  That is something to be said about Pre-K and Mrs. Snow.  No more carpooling for a few months and I will miss seeing Mason's sweet face in the backseat!

We took about three different family shots of the event.  Either Owen was poking his nose, or poking his eye out, or Will wasn't looking or closing his eyes.  This was the best one I could come up with.  It will have to due until the boys realize how important family pictures are to their Momma:)



After graduation Will was told he could go somewhere for dessert to celebrate a finished Pre-K year.  He picked Cherry Berry.  Not totally shocked there!  We drove over and let the boys eat and play outside.  While playing Will found a bush with some flowers on it.  Sorry, Steven told me what they were called and I have since totally forgotten.  Will gave me the flower, I actually thought it was pretty (probably because it wasn't a weed) and put it in my hair.  Will loved that he made me so happy and I loved to see the joy on his face when he said, "Momma....you're pretty."  Melt this Momma's heart!  I love my "big boy!" Happy Graduation Will Parker!

No comments:

Post a Comment