Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Keep Him Confined!!

You have often heard me refer to Owen as my "wrecking ball" or "tornado". I don't know if anyone can fully comprehend how true those names are for O until you spend a day in my shoes. My shoes that may or may not be in my closet. Most of the time my shoes are strewn about the house and reorganized thanks to the O man. Anyway, I digress.

Keeping Owen confined is the key to accomplishing things around this house. Keeping an almost 2 year old confined though is extremely difficult as you may guess. If you don't keep him confined this can happen....


This was ONLY while I was taking a shower this morning. Yes, I had the bathroom door shut but then Will decided he had to pee and of course left the door open, wide open, for little brother to come in and destruct something. I caught the little culprit in the act though and attempting to flee the scene. The proof of guilt is written all over his feet:)

Back to the story at hand. I MUST at least try to keep him in a closed in area as much as possible. He loves to watch me put on my make up and fix my hair. Today I thought I would try and take advantage of his loves. I placed him in my sink (I was right behind him the whole time getting ready)...don't worry! He stayed. He stayed put. I don't think that ever happens with O unless he is sleeping. Even then he moves around the crib like a crazy man in his sleep.

He loved it. He had already destroyed Daddy's hats (also while I was in the shower) and so he was wearing his favorite of the collection. I put him in there and he just stared at himself in the mirror and then decided it was time to "paint". I gave O his toothbrush and he went to town.

Yes, he has an adult size toothbrush that is HIS and only HIS. All he wants to do is chew and drool all over that thing. Yes, it made a huge mess. Yes, I had to Windex the mirror before it was all said and done. Was it worth it for 15 minutes of non-wrecking ball time? I think you can answer that question!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment