Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tulsa Run Here I Come!


You have to hold me accountable if you are reading this blog. 9.3 miles is a long way to run for someone like me. I guess it is a long way to run for anyone unless you are a marathon runner (which I am NOT!). I really want to do this though and have already begun my training for the run which is only a short 70 days away. Actually it is only 69 days, 22 hours, and a few minutes away, but who's counting?

I figured if I could push a 70 pound stroller, running and walking, for 3 miles I guess I could actually run that whole time if I didn't have a stroller. So, this morning I started my training bright and early while the whole house was still asleep. 40 minutes later and I had run my 3 miles! No laughing, I might be slow but I GET IT DONE!

Thanks to my wonderful friend, Amanda, for running with me and being my training partner for this race. We each have 2 kids and part time jobs, and being full time mommy's and wife's, but we are holding each other up to this and encouraging each other and believing we can do it in our short time of training while holding all these other important responsibilities together!

So, say a short prayer for me that I will hold fast to my 69 days of training...this means Zumba on Monday nights (also no laughing here!) and lots of running, walking, cardio, treadmill....uuuggg!!! October 30th will come and and when it is the 31st I will be able to look back and scream....I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you, Jackie! I know you (and Amanda) can do it! You always accomplish everything you set your mind and heart to do. You will do this and be so very proud of yourself every day you train when you don't want to. Then, after you run the race, you'll be so proud you did it.

    ReplyDelete