Thursday, March 17, 2016

Our First Thunder Game

 Back in February, for Valentine's Day, I surprised my three boys with tickets to an OKC Thunder game the Monday of Spring Break.  Whelp, that Monday was yesterday and it was finally time for them to go.  Oh boy, they were so excited all day long.  It made for a long day until 2:30 and we could leave.  

We all got dressed in our Thunder gear and made the drive to OKC.  We met up with Nana and Poppa to chow down on some yummy Mexican food at Chelino's before the game began. It was an absolutely beautiful March day and almost 85 degrees.  After dinner the kids played around outside with Nana before we made the walk to the stadium.  The boys didn't even complain about the hike there because of the weather and all the people and things they found to look at.  Owen is still my child who will pause and willingly trample flowers so I can get a good Spring picture:)  I love his shot of him.  He's busy, he's loud, he's all boy, but man oh man, he's got a killer cute smile that I still am blessed to be able to capture.


The boys were thrilled to be at the game, even though we almost needed oxygen masks for where we were sitting.  These tickets were still hundreds of dollars after taxes and fees and I'm almost positive I spotted clouds up there.  I've often heard that it doesn't matter where you sit in the arena because it's so loud everywhere and every seat is a good seat.  I can vouch for that now because they were good seats.  Once you got used to the altitude sickness and thin air, you could enjoy the game just like the people 3000 feet below you:)  

Thankfully, the Thunder were able to pull out a massive win beating the Portland Trailblazers by 34 points.  I thought it would be closer than that since those two teams are 1 and 2 in their division.  Apparently, the Thunder just wanted to dominate the whole time and I'm really fine with that because I wanted a win for our first family NBA game.

We have many more fun things planned for this week so hopefully I will be able to stay on top of blogging now.  Maybe not weekly, but I will try to aim for more than every 6 weeks:)  Enjoy your Spring Break week!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment