Tuesday, March 15, 2016

If Been Gone Way Too Long

 Life is busy for us all.  Life is REALLY busy for you when you own a pool company in the spring time. I am NOT complaining, just stating an obvious.  So, without further ado....here are a few things that have been going on in the last 6 weeks of this crazy thing we call "Life in the Spring in the Kueny Household" (that's the official name I just made up).

1.  I still try to make time for girls night outs with some of my best friends.  It's important for our relationship, and even more important to my sanity:)

2.  Owen likes to make pee stops when we visit our new land.  This time around he had been playing in the mud/gravel/dirt pile on site.  I asked him to take his clothes off before entering my car.  He obeyed.  He also decided he had to go pee and being the boy mom that I am, I got a good chuckle out of it and grabbed my phone.  I will have sooooo many good pictures to show potential girlfriends 10 years down the line.

3.  Will finished his basketball season with the Lincoln Bulldogs.  His team did really well this year with an ending record of 7-1.  This was the first time Will had played on a Lincoln basketball team and he LOVED every second of it.  I am 100% certain you will see following seasons blogs and pictures with this child and basketball.  He impressed me with his skills.

4.  Norman turned TWO!!  Norman celebrated his birthday back at the end of February.  I was going to go all out and make him a doggie birthday cake but then spring time work load decided to come early this year instead of late and the dog cake was one thing I could forget about.  Who am I kidding...I knew it was something Norman would never figure out so I forgot about it:)  Happy birthday Normie!

5.  The boys, cousins, and friend Owen went to a Globetrotters game at the BOK.  Let's just say that they all loved it, came back with MORE basketballs, and skills/tricks that they have been showing me for about a month now.  Again, I see another Globetrotters visit over the years in this family.

6.  The Home and Garden Show went off without any hitches this last week.  We walked away with several good leads and potential sales to add to our ever growing list of 20 pools already sold and on the books for 2016.  It's only March people!!  Again, not complaining, as we are uber thankful this is the case.  We are also thankful for a larger staff this spring.  Steven still works 60 plus hours many weeks this time of year, but hopefully the added staff will allow him some time to continue working on the two full houses we will also be building this year (one flip and one personal house).  I mentioned we are busy, didn't I?

7.  To top it all off...It's SPRING BREAK week around here!  Spring break are days off for the kids, but not so much the parents so we rarely (never) take vacations this time of year.  I did try to plan several fun (local) things to do with the boys on their days off.  The first thing we did was book a hotel room for the boys to swim and play.  Swimming is one of their favorite activities so they enjoyed this 24 hour getaway quite a bit.  On the calendar for the rest of SB is mini golf, movie, St Patrick's party, and a Thunder game (more on that later).

I hope everyone else has a wonderful Spring Break with your family and friends!  Talk to you soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment