Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lauren and Joey's Wedding



Will's day has finally arrived! He got to be the ring bearer at his Uncle Joey's wedding over the weekend. He was so super pumped! He enjoyed every second of his duties, and paid attention (as close as a 4 year old can do) at the "practice wedding". This is what he called the rehearsal on Thursday night! He loved to see his family, especially his Uncle Daniel who flew in from Los Angeles for the special event!

Weddings are a time for family to get together to celebrate two people who love each other and are ready to make a commitment to do just that for the rest of eternity. Technically, Joey and Lauren have already been married for 1 year. They just never got to have that special ceremony with their loved ones 1 year ago. Finally, that day came and the family and friends showed up to celebrate with them!


I know this wedding was supposed to be all about Joey and Lauren but I had to have a little special bragging time about my son, Will. I just couldn't take how much cuteness he was in that tuxedo. I almost couldn't stand it. I'm not gonna lie...when I saw him walking down that aisle looking all GQ my eyes were a little misty:) He took his job seriously and did a great job! Here are a few shots of him in action.


He wanted to stand right by his Daddy the whole time and DID NOT like it when the pastor made him come sit by me for the rest of the service. If I wasn't trying to get Owen to stop yelling for his Daddy during the ceremony (yes, this happened the whole time), then I was attempting to stop Will from crying because he couldn't be up in front anymore. I was a busy Momma during the wedding! Thankfully, Joey and Lauren did not mind a 1 year old screaming, "Daddy, Daaaadddy!" the whole time. Most thought it was funny. I was mortified, but oh well.

Once the service was over and Will could meet with his Daddy once again all was right in the world. They talked boy talk, I guess, and Daddy praised him for a job well done. Here they are right after the wedding was over:

I know my boys are growing up. I know Will is getting older. How old can you really be though when you STILL drink out of a Sippy Cup? I thought that was funny, so I had to capture the memory of him growing up but not TOO fast:)

Happy wedding day to Joey and Lauren. I hope all your years are filled with love and happiness. Hopefully when you look back you will remember this day fondly and have special thoughts of it to share with Sailor. Looking back on our wedding day almost 11 years ago, I can not believe how young and in love we were. We are still "young" and in love more than ever. I love my husband and now Lauren has a Kueny husband she can try to love almost as much as I love my Kueny husband:)

No comments:

Post a Comment