Friday, April 15, 2011

Egg Coloring Activity


I realize it is early for egg coloring but Will wanted to dye some eggs today with his Nini since he will be spending Easter with his other grandparents. He has waited allllll week for today. He has been patient. His patience finally paid off and he dove into coloring full force. He had to be patient for just a tad longer when she got here because we had to wait for Owen to take a nap. Sorry, O Man, but you are not invited to the egg coloring festivities! Can you imagine the mess?? I dressed Owen in his Easter/Spring/Egg Coloring activities outfit though. He still looked cute even though he didn't get to participate!


First up for Will was the egg cooking process. He wanted to sit and watch the eggs boil the entire 20 minutes. Momma was not too excited about him sitting that close to an open flame. I sidetracked him to do something else while the eggs were cooking. That made me feel much better!


If you know Will you know that his favorite color of all time is blue. Ask him to color a picture...it will be all blue. Ask him to paint something in watercolors....the blue is used until completely gone. Being the good Momma that I am, I made Will pose with his favorite color as to document this time in his life when all is well as long as you throw a little blue in the situation:)


He had an awesome time working with his Nini and I to color all 18 of his eggs. Half of them are ugly as all get out. A few cracked. A couple were eaten. Several are covered in top to bottom stickers. He could care less what they look like because all he cared about was the fun he had creating his own designs on them. That's all that should matter, right? In a perfect world I shouldn't care what they look like. I STILL had to make my own egg though and make it all pretty just so I could say there was at least one good lookin' one in the bunch. Here Will is posing with one of his creations:Wellllll....looky there (it's blue!).


No comments:

Post a Comment