Sunday, June 23, 2013

Dino Golf Minus the Dino

 Summer is busy around these parts.  I mean, a little too busy for my liking.  Here it is already a month in and this is the first time I have blogged since school got out.  I try to do many fun and exciting things throughout the summer with all my boys.  Sometimes that just means going to the pool for 3 hours.  They love that just as much as almost anything else so I guess that is good for me since our pool is free in the neighborhood.  

All last week both boys went to a VBS during the morning hours.  I tried not to keep them up too late in the evenings due to the fact that I had to wake Will up almost every day still just to make it out the door in time.  No super fun activities to blog about from last week.


Friday night was different.  They have been asking for MONTHS to go to Dinosaur Golf.  For all my local friends that is the mini golf course on Interstate 169 and 61st street.  Dinosaur Golf you ask?  Yep.  There are NO DINOSAUR'S on this course.  I had no idea why they continually called it that.  No idea until I finally just asked Will. He remembered a time (almost 2 years ago) when we went to Branson and he golfed a mini course for the first time.  That course did have a
dinosaur on it, so naturally, he just figured every mini golf course in the world had one.  Bummer...this one did not but they still had an awesome time!

I thought we would burn up and even though it was hot for the first bit we cooled off once entering the caves.  Those caves were magical for Will.  He got his first hole in one on hole #10.  He was pumped!  Notice the sweat sheen on his face:)

Owen did great too.  We were a little nervous (for obvious reasons) and we stressed the importance of NOT losing your ball.  I know accidents happen but we just wanted him to know not to do it on purpose.  After your first ball they charge you for lost balls.  He did awesome till hole #11.  Hit it a little too hard (not on purpose) and it flew into the water.  Slightly sad.  I have him my ball to share on hole #12.  He put it down to get a drink and it rolled right into the water (again not on purpose).  Even though he lost 2 balls Steven and I were proud of him because he really did try, was on his best behavior, didn't throw a fit when the balls were lost (Steven was able to save my ball!), and was very patient the whole night.  

Happy Summer All!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment